Please note that there is an additional Raffle Tickets charge of $50.00 per child required upon registration.
If paying by cheque, please have separate cheques written for the Registration payment and the Raffle Tickets.
For information on financial aid to help your child participate in minor sports, go to http://www.kidsportcanada.ca/alberta/ or https://jumpstart.canadiantire.ca/
CMBA Registration Policy
NOTE: THIS POLICY applies to the current season registration and does not “grandfather” or allow “carry over” from previous seasons. All CMBA Board Decisions are Final.
Camrose Minor Ball Association is committed to providing an enjoyable activity at an affordable cost for all participants. The association welcomes participants residing within the City and County of Camrose and extends that welcome to players outside of the county, if registration with the association meets the criteria outlined in the “CMBA Player Import Policy” and Baseball Alberta “Player Transfer Guidelines”.
Early Registration - Early online registration will commence on December 1st. An in-person registration night will also be announced with date and location. The early registration fees will remain in effect until March 1st.
Regular Registration - Regular registration will commence on March 2nd. An in-person registration night will also be announced with date and location. Registration will remain open until April 1st.
- Regular Registration Fees are calculated/reviewed on a yearly basis by Camrose Minor Ball Association and are based on the amount of cost incurred by CMBA to offer a basic program at the particular age level of the registrant. This Registration Fee must be paid by all registrants at each level.
- Tryout fees are included in the Representative level Registration Fees.
- Any player who is selected by a Representative level team, will be levied a fee to cover the costs of additional expenses incurred at that particular level. This fee will be collected by the team representative and paid in full to the CMBA registrar.
- All players must be registered with CMBA prior to taking part in any CMBA sanctioned activities (eg. Tryouts or evaluations, etc.)
- If you are registering multiple players, you may be entitled to a discount as below
- 3 players registered - there is a $50.00 discount
- 4 or more players - there is a $100.00 discount
- Registration fees can be broken up into 3 payments with postdated cheques made on the following dates: March 1st (or time of registration), second payment April 1st, and third payment on May 1st. All Cheques must be made out to CMBA.
- CMBA has mandated a cash raffle with each player registration to sell a booklet of 10 tickets at $5.00 each ($50.00). Parents/Guardians of the registrant will be required to pay for the booklet(s) at time of registration and further information regarding deadline and draw dates will be on the ticket. This raffle is to help offset the general expenses involved with running the association be it diamond use, coach mentorship, equipment, etc.
If you have any questions regarding the registration process, please email our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org
CMBA is dedicated to welcoming every youth in Camrose and surround area who wants to play ball. No child should not have an opportunity to play, simply because a family cannot make the financial commitment. We are pleased to offer financial assistance to those families who wish to enroll their child in baseball but are facing financial difficulties.
Parents/Guardians of children seeking financial assistance to cover baseball registration fees should first contact the following agencies:
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
This policy’s intent, is to outline CMBA’s procedure when receiving a request for refund and to fairly deal with extenuating circumstances that may require the withdrawal of a player during a season, while at the same time underscore the need for the commitment to the game and to a team.
A request for refund will be subject to the following conditions: (No Refunds are available for Raffle Ticket Booklets)
- Requests for player withdrawal received prior to team appointment, will be eligible for a full reimbursement of paid fees less a $25.00 administrative fee.
- Requests for player withdrawal received after team appointment but still prior to season start, are eligible for a refund of 50% of paid registration fees.
- Requests for player withdrawal received after the start of the season (May 1st) are not eligible for any refund, unless there are extenuating circumstances to consider regarding the withdrawal that meet the below criteria: (requests will be reviewed by the CMBA board for these circumstances)
- A job transfer to another town or city (the new residence of the player must be outside of the registration boundaries of CMBA)
- Medical reasons. Must be accompanied by a doctor's certificate.
Note: If a tryout fee has been built into the registration fee, the tryout fee is non-refundable once the tryouts have commenced. Refund requests that are approved after season start will be refunded on a pro-rated basis. All CMBA Board Decisions are Final.