CMBA Coach and Manager Information
The CMBA Board wants to thank all coaches and volunteers who put their personal time into our program. We know first hand what type of commitment it takes to be a part of any sports program and we appreciate everything you do for the Association and our Athletes. We thank you all for stepping up and taking on this vital role with your group. We also know just how difficult it can be to get ready for your season and have everything set up in order to just get off the ground. There is always a lot of confusion or lack of information provided to you in order to get everything ready, so CMBA has started this page with the intention to provide as much information in order to get you started every year.
Rally Cap, Rookie, Community and Rep Program information/writeups are on our website homepages for you to review and be familiar with on the following pages.
Below are some links of information/expectations from CMBA:
- Please ensure you familiarize yourself with the CMBA Website Coach Information pages for the following requirements:
- Coach Role and Responsibilities http://www.camroseball.com/content/coach-role-and-responsibilities
- Code of Conducts for:
- Coaches https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/camroseminorball/files/CMBA%20Policies%2C%20Procedures%20%26%20Forms/CMBA%20Code%20of%20Conduct%20-%20Coaches%20-%20Approved%20-%2010-30-19.pdf
- Parents https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/camroseminorball/files/CMBA%20Policies%2C%20Procedures%20%26%20Forms/CMBA%20Code%20of%20Conduct%20-%20Parents%20-%20Approved%20-%2010-30-19.pdf
- Players https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/camroseminorball/files/CMBA%20Policies%2C%20Procedures%20%26%20Forms/CMBA%20Code%20of%20Conduct%20-%20Players%20-%20Approved%20-%2010-30-19.pdf
- CMBA’s Coaches Corner page http://www.camroseball.com/content/coachs-corner for:
- Safety/Medical Forms
- Injury Reports
- Concussion Information
- Criminal Records Check form (These must be completed for all coaches and submitted to the CMBA President @ firstname.lastname@example.org)
- General Coaching Requirements needed for coaches at whatever level they are at
- Coaching Clinic Information
- CMBA's Policies, Procedure, Forms http://www.camroseball.com/content/policies-procedures-and-forms
- Season Timeline http://www.camroseball.com/content/season-timeline
- Below are CMBA requirements regarding any type of bookings/schedule of team events, training, practices, games, etc.
- In regards to bookings for ANY team athletic events including (training, practices, games, etc.). This MUST be scheduled through the CMBA Scheduling Director Davin Wilcox email@example.com whether this is pre-season or in-season. Post-Season activities are not included in this requirement for bookings, unless they are continued with a CMBA Selected Team. This is required for insurance purposes and for tracking team usage. All events scheduled, whether with the City of Camrose or other, will be tagged by the team/head coach in order to cross reference usage when we are invoiced. CMBA will contact teams about what they owe upon receipt of these invoices.
- All Rep teams (AAA or AA) will be provided 2 diamond practice time slots per week (generally Tuesday/Thursday or Monday/Wednesday) starting from May 1st going until July 31st that are covered by the player registration fee’s. Rep teams will also be given 1 Batting Cage & Bullpen time/session per week. The schedule for diamond & batting cages is posted on our website. Anything above and beyond these provided facility times will then be at the expense of individual teams.
- All Non-Rep teams (RC, 9U, 11U 13U, 15U and 18U) will be provided 1 diamond practice time slot per week (generally Sunday's) starting from May 1st going until June 30th that is covered by the player registration fee’s. Non-Rep teams will also be given 1 Batting Cage & Bullpen time/session per week. The schedule for diamond & batting cages is posted on our website. Anything above and beyond these provided facility times will then be at the expense of individual teams.
- All Schedules are available on our website under the Diamonds & Facilities Tab.
- Team Equipment / Diamond Equipment - CMBA Equipment Director Jeff Badry firstname.lastname@example.org or CMBA Facilities Director Gord Nadeau email@example.com
- Please contact Jeff Badry to arrange equipment pick up and Uniform pick ups.
- AAA Will use the White Uniforms
- AA Will be designated by Team colour (Royal or Red as posted on website)
- Community Division from 9U & Up will have varying uniforms to ensure no teams in the same level will be fitted with the same Jersey's
- 7U Rally Cap, will be dependent on the skill level of the child and fitted with Rally "Caps" to match each individuals skill level.
- Sign-out sheets of what is provided will be completed for your team and a $250 post dated cheque will need to be provided by the person responsible for the team equipment. The cheque will remain uncashed and returned to the responsible person when all equipment is returned in good order.
- Any team wanting any other team specific athletic wear will need to ensure it is using CMBA approved Branding. If you are unsure please contact your rep directors.
- CMBA will ensure that all diamonds are equipped with such equipment as L-Screens, Tee’s, Bases, spare bases or straps, hammers and any other equipment needed.
- Team Roster Submission's & Player Transfers - Baseball Alberta Forms are located here http://www.baseballalberta.com/content/baseball-alberta-forms
- Initial team rosters need to be submitted to Baseball Alberta Monday April 19th. These must be filled in by a team representative (Head Coach or Manager, etc.) Once you have them completed please forward to Baseball Alberta firstname.lastname@example.org and cc to our Registrar at email@example.com
- In the event you have an import requiring a Player Transfer Form to be filed, it is located at the above Baseball Alberta page as well. If your unsure about the player transfer process please click this link http://baseballabertav3.msa4.rampinteractive.com/content/transfer-guidelines for information on the process. The Player transferring is responsible for the $25 Baseball Alberta fee to complete the transfer. The players/guardians are responsible to get the forms filled in by their home associations and forward off to the CMBA President at firstname.lastname@example.org for final approval for transfer into our Association for the season. Player transfers can not be grandfathered in nor carry over to subsequent years.
We hope this gets you started for the season. If you have any other questions, please contact the appropriate CMBA Board Members going forward.
The CMBA Board
Applicable for the 2021 Season
***ANY PLAYER/COACH/MANAGER/VOLUNTEER WHO IS DIRECTLY INVOLVED WITH THE TEAM THAT TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID, MUST BE REPORTED TO THE CMBA PRESIDENT BY EMAIL AND ADDED TO THE TEAM COVID/CLOSE CONTACT SPREADSHEET. THIS ALSO APPLIES TO ANY AHS DESIGNATED CLOSE CONTACTS***
- Baseball Alberta Return to Baseball Updates/Requirements - Please click the attached Baseball Alberta link for more information http://baseballalberta.com/article/62466
- Baseball Alberta's Return to Baseball Plan & FAQ documents from April 6th, outlining current restrictions. CMBA continues to support BA & the Alberta Gov’t current restrictions and expects all coaches to do the same.
- Other things to keep in mind:
- Why restrictions are needed
- Albertans have a responsibility to slow the virus's spread and make sure the health system can continue supporting patients with COVID-19 and many other needs.
- There is a time lag between when people get infected and when new cases are identified. This means the cases we see today were infected up to 2 weeks ago.
- We must work together to protect each other. The greater the community spread, the more likely it will infect our loved ones most at-risk of severe outcomes, including death.
- What else you should do.
- Continue following existing public health measures to keep everyone safe
- Stay 2 metres apart from others
- Wear a mask in public spaces, indoor workplaces and places of worship
- Practice good hygiene: wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
- Monitor your symptoms every day
- If sick, stay home, get tested, and follow mandatory isolation requirements while waiting for results:
- if positive, isolate for 10 days or until symptoms are gone, whichever is longer
- if negative, stay home until you're better
- Required Documents/Forms (all documents should be kept with the team and brought to every event-suggest making a binder)
- Every coach, volunteer or manager must click on the following link and fill in the form https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ORC7R3EBfsUn0g5LPPYZtnrPCcJuCUj-qvN1cBfMzhE/viewform?edit_requested=true
- The Return to Play Questionnaire and Attestation must be filled in for all players, coaches and volunteers https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/baseballabertav3/files/Return%20to%20Play%20QuestionnaireAttestation_Nov30UPDATE.pdf
- The attached waivers must be filled in for all players, coaches and volunteers. Please use the appropriate waiver (one is for youth 17 & under and one for 18 & older)
- Ensure that the CMBA Contact Tracing Log is filled in for every team session, or event and log is kept with the team https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/baseballabertav3/files/Return%20To%20Baseball/Association%20Contact%20Tracing%20Log%20Feb%202021.pdf
- If your team wishes to use another form of COVID Check in or contact tracing, for example the TeamSnap App, you will NOT need to do the CMBA Contact Tracing Log for team sessions/practices, events, games etc., as long as every coach, player or volunteer is able to check in on the app. That means every volunteer working with your group will need to be set up individually on the app. We will leave this up to all teams discretion as long as there is a log showing everyone who participated or attended the session. In the event you want to bring in a one time helper, trainer etc., and they are not set up on the app, you can have them fill in the Individual COVID 19 Questionnaire and Attestation https://cloud.rampinteractive.com/baseballabertav3/files/Return%20to%20Play%20QuestionnaireAttestation_Nov30UPDATE.pdf
- Be prepared for this to evolve over the course of the season, CMBA suggests you designate a COVID or Health & Safety Coordinator who is able to coordinate this and staying up to date throughout the year on requirements. Whether it be an Assistant Coach, Team Manager, or another parent volunteer, we feel this is would be beneficial.
- Attached is a few of the appendices that were created last summer. These are good reminders of what our groups are able or not to do. Some things have been crossed out that do not apply. This is a good guideline to work off of. Also included below are the BA posters for your use.
- Close Contact Information (AHS & Alberta Gov't Website)