We are pleased to offer coaches the ability to reserve their own batting cage practice times outside of their pre-booked slots, or even the ability to exchange booked times with other available dates or times. Please contact CMBA Scheduling Director Davin Wilcox firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-608-3647. All teams will be held to a maximum of 2 bookings per week to ensure all teams have equal opportunity to use the facilities.
Please click the link to see the current schedule and what is available for booking prior to contacting the Scheduling Director BATTING CAGE SCHEDULE
Please make sure that you understand all rules and policies governing the use of the batting cage, as they are there to both promote high utilization of the facility while ensuring player safety.
An access code, available from the CSA or CMBA Scheduling Director(s), is required to enter the cage. The person(s) who are assigned an access code is responsible for any damage or equipment going missing that may occur during their booked times. Giving an access code to anyone outside of team Coaches/Managers is not allowed. Anyone found to be using the cages without CSA or CMBA approval will have their privileges revoked.
Batting cage bookings are available weekdays and weekends and can be attained by contacting your Association. Teams are expected to clean up and be out of the Batting Cages by the time your scheduled time is up to allow other teams immediate access. Teams are only able to book max of 2 sessions per week as we want to allow equal opportunity for all groups within the associations to get access to the facility.
To use the batting cage in the off-season, please contact one of the Association Presidents or one of the Association Scheduling Directors to discuss availability for usage.
General Rules & Etiquette
- No sunflower seeds, gum, tobacco products or spitting or smoking in the batting cages
- No food of any kind in the batting cage.
- No beverages except water in the batting cage (this means no sports drinks).
- Acceptable footwear includes, plastic/rubber cleats, turf shoes or runners. NO METAL cleats.
- Batting helmets must be worn while batting by every user group
- All user teams may only use the facility when a team official (adult) is present.
- Batters and Pitchers MUST use the hitting mats.
- Absolutely NO Hitting into chain link fencing of the cage.
- Please DO NOT enter the batting cage until the previous team has cleared out of the cage. This includes the immediate surrounding area! It is very difficult to ensure that all players have collected their equipment if your team has crowded in and mixed their bags and equipment with the other team's.
- Teams ARE NOT to run over their allotted time. When your time is done - you’re done! This means no excuses like "one last batter" or "quick team meeting" or "we got in late". You must be OUT OF THE CAGE and away from the area when your time is done. Therefore, teams must start cleaning up their equipment at least 5 minutes prior to the end of their session, so they have vacated the batting cage area on time. Team meetings or discussions can happen once you’ve left the area.
- All teams are responsible to clean up the batting cage each time they are finished their session. This means that mats and turf is swept and clean from debris, shale rocks, etc. Tees or bow nets returned to the sheds.
- DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING from the batting cage area or sheds without permission. This especially includes the batting tees or bow nets. If you need a tee for one of the diamonds, please contact your Association(s) Equipment Director to request one.
- DO NOT ADD ANYTHING into the batting cage without permission.
- DO NOT attach or hang ANYTHING onto the nets, to the L-Screens, or to the cage. Hanging could cause them damage that is difficult or expensive to repair.
- If anything in the batting cage is in need of repair, please report it to one of the Association Facility or Equipment Directors. See the contacts page on the website(s) for proper contact info.
Any violation of the above rules could result in the loss of your team's batting cage privileges.
Thank you from the Camrose Minor Softball and Camrose Minor Ball Associations.
Click the link below to be redirected to our official BATTING CAGE GENERAL RULES AND ETIQUETTE